Ever considered learning Kubernetes? But scared to take on such a big new path, realizing that containers are quickly becoming first-class citizens with Project Pacific?
Read more about Project Pacific and Tanzu here:
Kubernetes is daunting, complex, scary, especially if you’re coming from an Ops background and used to managing VMware vSphere. There’s no way around it: containers are ready for production prime-time. so better start learning now.
Kubernetes.academy (yes that is the URL) is a free learning resources aimed at Ops/Infra people to learn about Kubernetes and cloud-native technologies.
- Containers 101: Container basics to get you on your way.
- Kubernetes 101: Introduction to container orchestration with Kubernetes and its core concepts.
- Kubernetes in Depth: Architecture overview and quick deep-dives that help you understand how Kubernetes works.
- Interacting with Kubernetes: learn how to ‘talk’ to Kubernetes with kubectl and ingress
- How to Prepare for the CKA Exam: exam prep
Instructors include, Tim Carr, Olive Power and Scott Lowe. These people are well-known VMware employees (that came in via the Heptio acquisition) and deliver a vendor-neutral perspective on Kubernetes.
Want to get trained and certified on Kubernetes?